On Saturday July 2nd, I performed at the wedding reception of Christopher and Pauline at the NorthamptonValley Country Club in Richboro, PA. Pauline learned about Ambient DJ while attending a wedding that I performed at several years ago at the Nassau Inn in Princeton.
Chris and Pauline reside in Georgia, and all of the preparations were done via e-mail and phone. It was nice to finally meet the happy couple in-person! Bucks County, PA is beautiful country, and the venue club had a relaxed country ambience on this beautiful warm, sunny day.
Unique touches for the couple's celebration included:
* a comedic video slideshow re-creating the couple's courtship and engagement, played just before their grand entrance;
* dramatic grand entrance of bride and groom to Sirius (use for Chicago Bulls), with basketball jargon such as "man in the middle" and "power forward" used;
* Moving speeches by the fathers of the groom and bride, with family members translating from Korean and Chinese into English, respectively. A special moment came when the groom's father was having trouble reading his speech, and the groom joined him, with cellphone flashlight in one hand, and the other hand draped over his dad's shoulder;* A freshly-picked peaches station for party favors;
* A dinner station that included an eclectic choice of leg of lamb!;
* A sparkler send-off - what a great touch for 4th of July!
The dancefloor kicked in hard at the appropriate time, with the bride and groom in the center of the action.
|The happy couple celebrating with family and friends|
|Cute Cake Topper|
|Party Favors - Freshly Picked Peaches Station!|
|Ambient DJs' Radiance Package|
* Sirius - Alan Parsons Project (grand entrance)
* Lucky - Jason Mraz with Colbie Callait (first dance)
* Jai Ho! - A.H. Rahman (party starter)
* Cupid Shuffle - Cupid (line dance)
* Firework - Katy Perry (seasonal selection)
* Tearin' Up My Heart (Boy Band throwback)
* What is Love - Haddaway (90s throwback)
* Another Night - Real McCoy (90s throwback)
Special shout-out to photographer Erika Manzano from Captured by Erika who was a pleasure to work with. You can check out her website and awesome blog here