On August 16th-19th, Ambient DJ Service will attend its third consecutive DJ Times International DJ Expo at the Taj Mahal in Atlantic City, NJ. This annual event is billed as the world's largest gathering of disc jockeys, with typical attendance at 4,000+. The Expo features a compelling schedule of daytime seminars, a massive exhibits hall with the latest gear and a star-studded party program for the evenings. Attending this year's Expo from Ambient DJ Service will be owner Gregg Hollmann, as well as DJ Spinz, DJ Iron Mike and DJ Jesse Lambros.
Here is the top ten reasons that we are excited for the 2010 Expo:
10) To see mind-bending performances by Video Disc Jockeys (VJs) such as Rooney G., DVDJ Unique and Kris P.
9) To attend informative seminars, many by New Jersey Disc Jockey Network colleagues such as Mike Wieder and Jake Jacobsen.
8) To attend this year's keynote speech by DJ Jazzy Jeff.
7) To continue our winning streak of free prizes - in the past two years, DJ Iron Mike has won high ticket-priced items from Pioneer. To win the grand prize giveaway on Thursday would be the ultimate dream come true!
6) To opportunistically meet celebrity DJs. Past encounters have included Afrika Bambataa, Grand Wizzard Theodore, Grandmaster Flash and DJ Skribble!
5) Monday's "All-Star Wedding Emcee Secrets Revealed," hosted by Steve Moody, and featuring content by performers including Mike Walter, Liz Daley, Big Daddy, Jason Jani and Adam Weitz. This seminar will be heavy on specifics and light on fluff!
4) Tuesday night's Pioneer/Promo Only Party is always amazing - 2008 (Lady Gaga, Cyndi Lauper), 2009 (Pitbull, Naughty by Nature), 2010 (Salt-n-Pepa, Shaggy). Pioneer/Promo Only is known for sneaking incredible surprise performers into the lineup, so let's see what tricks they have up their sleeve this year!
3) To see live product demonstrations on the floor of Exhibit Hall, so as to make more informed purchasing decisions.
2) The chance to be inspired, and to refresh our drive and passion for what we do!
1) To spend time and socialize with Ambient's talented team of music mixologists, as well as catch up with industry friends.